Professor of Marketing, Associate Dean (Academic), Director of The Centre for Business Analytics
Ujwal Kayande is the Associate Dean (Academic) and Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School. He is also Founding Director of the Centre for Business Analytics.
Ujwal teaches marketing strategy and analytics on the MBA, Master of Business Analytics and Executive Education programs. Ujwal is co-director of the Digital Marketing & Analytics Executive Education Program jointly delivered by the University of Oxford and Melbourne Business School.
After completing his PhD at the University of Alberta, Ujwal held faculty positions at the Penn State University, Australian National University, UNSW, University of Pennsylvania and others. He has received numerous accolades for teaching excellence and his research has been awarded by the American Marketing Association (Lehmann Award), European Marketing Academy (IJRM Best Paper) and the Australia-NZ Marketing Academy (Distinguished Researcher).
He is currently an Area Editor for the International Journal of Research in Marketing, and serves on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of Marketing Research and the Journal of Service Research.
A frequent media commentator in The Australian, Australian Financial Review, Daily Telegraph and other publications, Ujwal consults globally on marketing strategy and analytics.
Most Notable Research
‘From academic research to marketing practice: exploring the marketing science value chain’, Roberts, JH, Kayande, U & Stremersch, S, International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 31, no. 2, June 2014, pp. 127–140.
‘The seeds of dissolution: discrepancy and incoherence in buyer-supplier exchange’, Wang, Q, Kayande, U & Jap, S, Marketing Science, vol. 29, no. 6, November 2010, pp. 1109–1124.
‘How incorporating feedback mechanisms in a DSS affects DSS evaluation’, Kayande, U, De Bruyn, A, Lilien, GL, Rangaswamy, A & van Bruggen, G, Information Systems Research, vol. 20, no. 4, December 2009, pp. 527–546.
‘Mapping the bounds of incoherence: how far can you go and how much will it hurt your brand?’ Kayande, U, Roberts, JH, Lilien, GL & Fong, DKH, Marketing Science, vol. 26, no. 4, July 2007, pp. 504–513.
‘Reliability assessment and optimization of marketing measurement’, Finn, A & Kayande, U, Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 34, no. 2, July 1997, pp. 262–275.
- Master of Business Analytics Teaching Excellence Award, 2017, Melbourne Business School.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2017, Journal of Marketing, American Marketing Association.
- EMAC-IJRM Best Paper Award, 2015, European Marketing Academy.
- Master of Business Analytics Teaching Excellence Award, 2015, Melbourne Business School.
- Overall Best Paper Award, 2015, Australian-New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, Sydney.
- ERIM Top Article Award, 2015, Erasmus Research Institute of Management.
- Smeal Award for MBA Teaching Excellence, 2010, Pennsylvania State University.
- Distinguished Researcher Award, 2000, Australia-NZ Marketing Academy.
- Donald Lehmann Award, 1998, American Marketing Association.